Lead Line Cook - High West Refectory
The Lead Line Cook reports to the Location Sous Chef and works with the Executive Chef and Culinary Staff to create epic guest experiences at our High West Venues. Epic guest experiences create lifelong High West Ambassadors. This is achieved through a relentless focus on delivering delicious and authentic food, whiskey and cocktails while embodying the culture and Hospitality expectations of High West. The role would focus on ala carte meal service at the Saloon while assisting in banquets, weddings and other special events.
* Showing up on time in uniform and ready to work
* Responsible for preparation of all hot & cold restaurant foods, that meet specifications, guarantees and pays attention to detail with plate presentation.
* Communicates clearly and effectively with Executive Chef, Sous Chefs and work groups. Asking for clear direction and questions when unclear on projects and initiatives. Responding timely to issues and requests of Executive Chef & Sous Chefs.
* Maintain solid knowledge of all food products, sanitation standards, and all policies/ procedures and is able to apply culinary techniques.
* Check daily status of Line and determine prep/item needs
* Working as a team and effectively communicating with management, chefs, and fellow members of staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or management. Remaining positive and in a good attitude throughout shift.
* Efficiently completes daily reporting; fresh boards; soup, meat n cheese, special etc & Daily Recap pertaining to shift
* Displays ability to expedite service and work as Expo. Strong communication ability is a must.
* Shows strong proficiency with basic line skills including; grilling, deep frying, roasting, searing and knife skills.
* Display ability to read and execute core recipes.
* Displays the responsibility of keeping line and prep crew on task at all times. Also, the ability to recognize slow periods of business and get staff off the clock and consolidate labor.
* Being a part of and contributing to the creative process
* To assist management in daily task such as ordering product, organizing storage areas, assigning cleaning projects, etc.
* Displaying the ability to work any position on the line and willingness to do so.
* Display ability to take detailed instruction from sous chefs and executive chef.
* Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation, read and expedite computer tickets for service, produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service.
* Communicates with sous chefs, AGM staff and Executive Chef with any concerns that impact service or guest experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hospitality & Retail
The salary range for this role is:
$17.90 - $27.41
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).